To protect against water infiltration around exterior windows, it is necessary to apply an acrylic seal, protective and insulating.
Here are our tips:
Difficulty level: 1/5 (1/5 is very easy)
Duration: 20 minutes to insulate a window.
The steps to follow to apply an acrylic sealant to insulate a window:
- Delete the old one acrylic stamp (if there is one), and all masonry / plaster pieces using a utility knife or utility knife.
- Clean the dust pan with a wire brush.
- Apply the acrylic gasket calmly using a caulking gun, filling all holes to ensure a perfect seal, while trying to apply constant pressure to the gun trigger.
- Smooth and remove the excess with a wet finger.
- Leave to dry for the time specified by the manufacturer.
- Once the joint is dry, you can paint.
The necessary tools:
- A cutter to remove the old tampon
- A brush
- Putty gun
- An acrylic sealant cartridge (available in white or other colors)
Product sold in supermarkets: Cartridge exterior seal acrylic brand “rubson” and mastic for gun (between 5 € and 15 €)
- Rubson Mastic Construction Walls and Windows White 280 ml Price: 4.99 EUR Premium: 6.90 EUR
- Wolfcraft 4352000 MG 200 Ergo Mechanical Cartridge Gun Price: 8.90 EUR
Links to other articles or sections:
Find other similar items in our Insulation section
Some other topics:
- Apply an acrylic stamp to parquet
- Apply an acrylic finishing pad
Some products are dangerous. Observe the precautions for use.